Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A couple more reviews

...This time for 'The Box' -

First up is a four-star review here:

"What I liked: Great build-up of suspense. Writing was polished and flowed nicely. It was a fast read and even though I was sort of resisting getting pulled in completely, it made me keep reading until the very end. I think that's the definition of a page turner. Very good pacing.What I liked less: kind of a cliched set-up; group of diverse people called to a lab somewhere to combine their diverse talents. The characters made the switch from investigating the cube to picking up weapons a bit too easily.

Overall, if you don't mind paying .99 for a short story and you like fast flowing adventure, you could do a lot worse than this. It won't be the best thing you've ever read, but definitely worthy of 4 stars.



And next a five-star review here:
"I found this very entertaining. Great character depth, not too much nor too little, which meant I just had to keep reading.
The twists certainly kept me guessing even right up to the last few paragraphs. And the ending was very clever and very unexpected."



Needless to say, I am excited to see these. Since doing the KDP Select free promo, wherein I gave away some 217 copies of "The Box," I've noticed a steady trickle of actual sales happening.


And that put a much-needed smile on my face the last few days.


Current Soundtrack:
'Star Trek' by Michael Giacchino

No comments:

Post a Comment